Why did you not simply reply in the existing thread?
The steps in this example would roughly be:
• create a Pattern Preset – for this I copied the piece of the pattern into a new document, applied the Filter offset and corrected the borders with Clone Stamp and Healing Brush Tool and when the connection seemed sufficiently seemless Edit > Define Brush Preset
• make a Selection (with Magic Wand Tool etc.) of the original upper wings
• use that as a Layer Mask on a Group
• inside that group create a Pattern Layer, a Curves Layer to make the shadows and a Solid Color Layer for the lights
• fill the last two’s Layer Masks with black and paint with white to affect the proper areas