• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfcontent and pdf with a destination

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the cfcontent string and the pdf I have also includes a Acrobat destination..when I enter the destination

test.pdf#4

it errors out..

Due to cf statements, I then enter

test.pdf##4

and then it says in the cfcontent error message

file not found

Is there a way to include this type of filename?

Leo

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

If you have a code question, it's always helpful to include your actual code, rather than describe it.

One thing you should bear in mind is that the FILE attribute of <cfcontent> references a file (on your file system), not a URI.  So it's inappropriate to include URI-specific elements in that value.

The fragment part of a URI (the bit after the #) is only relevant ot he browser, so to hit that fragment, it needs to be in the address the browser requested.  It's nothing to do with what you send ba

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a code question, it's always helpful to include your actual code, rather than describe it.

One thing you should bear in mind is that the FILE attribute of <cfcontent> references a file (on your file system), not a URI.  So it's inappropriate to include URI-specific elements in that value.

The fragment part of a URI (the bit after the #) is only relevant ot he browser, so to hit that fragment, it needs to be in the address the browser requested.  It's nothing to do with what you send back (you just send back the document).

You coudl conceivably use <cfheader> to tell the browser to fetch the URI with the fragment, and then from that URI return the PDF file.  The browser should then - if it suuprts PDF fragments - work out what to do.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback Adam..you have answered my question..did not make the correlation with the brower request vs file request.

Will also include code in the future.

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation