Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

font embedding not working correctly on Samsung Smart TV

Feb 23, 2012 12:48 AM

Tags: #font #issue #embedding

I am trying to embed 'GillSansStd' font for Samsung smart TV flash application. It looks good on local build and Samsung emulator. But when the application is deployed on Samsung smart TV, text gets blurred and distorted.

Does someone out there also facing/faced similar issue? Any help would be appreciated.embeddingFonts in FLA.PNG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Sanjiv_Lingwal

How distorted are we talking about?

TV's often use a filter on the image to make things look better. It is possible that this is causeing the problem. You may want to try the contrast and color settings on your TV to see if that makes it better.

When using text on TV there is 3 things you should remember.

1. Your app is most likely scaled up. Your TV probably uses a larger resolution than what your app is doing. It is common for TVs to give apps a smaller screen size and scale it up to increase performance (this doesn't apply to video).

2. Use LARGE font sizes. People reading your app are probably far away on a couch. Make sure that the font is nice and large (this may also make it look better).

3. Make sure your TextField is on a pixel boundry. Flash handles sub-pixels, but TV's often don't. Anti-aliasing is often quick and dirty (again for perfomance) so putting it on pixel boundries should help it look better.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to Sanjiv_Lingwal

Yeah, it looks like it could be a bug.

Have you tried changing the quality property of the root timeline? (I'm not sure if this is supported on AS2).

Unfortunatly I don't have very much experience with the older version of stagecraft (AS2 on TV)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 11:15 PM   in reply to Sanjiv_Lingwal

Hello Sanjiv,

I had developed application in Flash builder 4.6 and I have created .airi file of application and rename .airi to zip and after unzipping I got .swf file in that unzipped folder.

Now I had created sample flash application in SamsungSmartTV SDK editor in this application I had give n path of unzipped folder's swf file and run the application on Emulator but in emulator Fonts of respecive .mxml file is not loaded properly.

Can u please help me why respective fontof MXML fiel is not loaded in the SWF file.

Thanks in advance.

Waitng for your reply.

Regards,

Sachin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers