Skip navigation
br4ime
Currently Being Moderated

Can you do that with the SDK?

Feb 23, 2012 9:40 AM

Tags: #premiere_pro_sdk

I have a question concerning the SDK. In a project, we want to automate some Editing-Functions and the "Premiere_SDK_Guide.pdf" leaves some questions:

1) Is it possible to write a plugin, that read pathes from ressources (for example Images and Audio from an XML-file) and put these at specific places on the timeline?

2) With video- and audio-transitions?

Even if the above is not possible, than can you automatically:

3) Set Chapter-Markers?

4) Export to Encore or directly as a DVD?

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to br4ime

Hi Hans,

1) For this I would recommend you generate an FCP XML, which can be imported into Premiere Pro.  The SDK doesn't provide control over project items.

2) You can see supported transitions and effects here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSd9957a95a81082eb28f 05af5126718c47be-8000.html#WSd9957a95a81082eb28f05af5126718c47be-7ffd

3) Markers in the FCP XML can't currently be imported directly as Encore Chapter markers, but once the markers are brought in, it is fairly simply to switch them from regular markers to Encore Chapter markers.  Bringing them in directly as Encore Chapter markers could be a good feature request, if you decide to use the FCP XML route - http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

4) Triggering an Export to Encore is not something a plug-in or external application can do.  But by generating the FCP XML in advance, that should save a ton of time with the editing up front.

Regards,

Zac

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to br4ime

Hi Hans,

I'm not aware of tools for automating Encore's authoring process.  You could ask this question on the Encore forum - they might know of some tricks.

Zac

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points