• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the way slides advance

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a current project that I want to change the way the slides advance.  Right now its on "on mouse click" to advance the slides and I want to change it to "automatically" advance. How do I do that without redoing the whole project?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming from your reference to On Mouse Click and Automatic that this is a project which you have created with PPT and Captivate?

If so, when you imported the PPT slides you must have selected the On Mouse Click option.  This results in each slide having a click box object that pauses the slide and listens for a mouse click event to allow Continued play.  Just locate this click box on each slide and delete it. 

And before you ask...no, there's no way to do this across all slides in one go.  You need to manually remove the click box on each slide.

If this would be too time consuming, your quicker solution might just be to reimport the original slides and make sure you select the Automatic advance instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what Rod offered, another possible quick and painless solution would involve displaying the properties for one of the Click Box objects. Clear the option to Pause project until user clicks, then use the Apply to All button to configure the other Click Boxes the same way.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thing: If you use Rick's suggestion of changing the settings for all click boxes in the project, any click boxes that you WANTED to pause the project will stop pausing as well.  If there are none that need to pause at any point, this is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I enable this option in my project - I want to advance ONLY when the user clicks.

Your screen versus my screen

Yours:

tmp1.PNG

My Screen: (I do not have Mouse Option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screen is showing properties for the Slide while mine is showing properties for a Click Box.

If you insert a Click Box, you will then see similar properties.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a project using ppt but there are no click boxes.  This is just suppost to be a rolling presentation. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of the timeline objects for one of the slides that is currently pausing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it.  This was actually someone else's projecct and she said there were no click boxes but there were.  These suggestions worked.  Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources