Skip navigation
JZgolf23
Currently Being Moderated

Changing the way slides advance

Feb 23, 2012 10:47 AM

I have a current project that I want to change the way the slides advance.  Right now its on "on mouse click" to advance the slides and I want to change it to "automatically" advance. How do I do that without redoing the whole project?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to JZgolf23

I'm assuming from your reference to On Mouse Click and Automatic that this is a project which you have created with PPT and Captivate?

If so, when you imported the PPT slides you must have selected the On Mouse Click option.  This results in each slide having a click box object that pauses the slide and listens for a mouse click event to allow Continued play.  Just locate this click box on each slide and delete it. 

And before you ask...no, there's no way to do this across all slides in one go.  You need to manually remove the click box on each slide.

If this would be too time consuming, your quicker solution might just be to reimport the original slides and make sure you select the Automatic advance instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 8:18 PM   in reply to RodWard

Hi there

In addition to what Rod offered, another possible quick and painless solution would involve displaying the properties for one of the Click Box objects. Clear the option to Pause project until user clicks, then use the Apply to All button to configure the other Click Boxes the same way.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to Captiv8r

Just one more thing: If you use Rick's suggestion of changing the settings for all click boxes in the project, any click boxes that you WANTED to pause the project will stop pausing as well.  If there are none that need to pause at any point, this is not an issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to JZgolf23

Can you show us a screenshot of the timeline objects for one of the slides that is currently pausing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points