Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

URGENT-Warp effect tool illustrator, I want to arc an image

Feb 24, 2012 9:54 AM

Can the arc tool in "Effects-warp" be used on a placed tiff? I have designed some labels and now the whole lot needs arcing to fit the bottle shape and the photo is not foloowing all the type, is it possible to do this or can it be done in photoshop?




  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to jakki999

    Please post Illustrator questions in the Illustrator forum. This is a forum dedicated to design issues.

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to jakki999



    When you following the suggestion by Michael and repost here,



    one of us shall tell you that to change the shape of a raster image, such as a TIFF, as described you may create a (vector) path with the same size and shape placed right on top of the image, and then select both and Effect>Warp>Arc. You can just select the image and see the position and size in the Transform while you create the rectangle to fit.

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 5:05 AM   in reply to jakki999

    You are welcome, Jackie, but it should work with a linked image, see over there.


    And sorry Michael, but it did get moved.

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points