Skip navigation
PJ_Edwards1
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot access Story via desktop app (OS X 10.7.3)

Feb 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Tags: #access #story

I cannot access my online account via the Desktop app though I am able access my account via Firefox web browser.

I am using Mac OS X 10.7.3 on a 2007 MacBook Pro.  I have tried to uninstall (including system files) and re-install the

app with no success.  Do you have any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to PJ_Edwards1

Hi,

What is the error that you are getting in AIR app ? Can you post a screen shot ?

If it’s crashing on launch – try this workaround:

-          Open System Preferences, select Energy Saver and disable Automatic graphics switching (or use a third party GPU switcher, such as gfxCardStatus and enable the Nvidia GPU)

-          Before launching your AIR based application, launch either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Regards

Ratnesh

Adobe Story Team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to PJ_Edwards1

Hi,

I will need to look at some of story related files to debug the issue. Could you please follow these steps and send me the required files.

1)      Follow the steps listed on this page (http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-user-library-folder-in-os-x-lion /) to reach to library folder

2)      From there go to 'Preferences/com.adobe.AdobeStory.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485 DF8CE.' folder, zip it and send it to me at ‘ratnesh at adobe dot com’

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Ratnesh

Story Team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to PJ_Edwards1

I am running thru the same issue, and I am using OS Lion. I get the error "Failed to connect, Please try again later". I can easily access the online version but not the desktop one. Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 8:41 PM   in reply to bmeite

Did you recently upgraded to Lion ?

If that’s the case then are you facing this problem since the lion upgrade ?

Thanks

Ratnesh

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Ratnesh-Kumar

No, not at all. It used to work on the same OS Lion. And just for an FYI, the system preference path that you recommended DOES NOT work with OS X 10.7.2....maybe it worked with the 10.7.2 but not with the latest. Do you have any recommendation?

Here are two screenshots of the error that I get. The first one is the error that I get when I input my right username and password. I tried to check if it was a matter of wrong password, but it is not as you can see on screenshot 2. So I need help!!!

And btw it says that I am running Adobe Story build 838. I cannot install any other version.

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 4.06.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 4.06.12 PM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points