Skip navigation
akarony2
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot open jpeg in camera raw format

Feb 25, 2012 2:44 PM

In Elements 9 I have the option to "open as..." camera raw but the camera raw window does not open up when I pick the photo and choose that option.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to akarony2

Welcome to the forum.

Premiere Elements does ot have a Camera RAW module. You will want to do that from Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, Bridge, LightRoom or similar. I do not know if the PSElements Organizer can access the ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) module.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - HERE are the Premiere Elements supported Still Image file formats.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to akarony2

If you have Photoshop Elements, you might want to ask if Organizer in PSE can open and process Camera RAW, in the PSE Forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

You can open RAW files from EO10 in Camera Raw. For JPEGs, TIFFs, and other formats you use "Open As" in PSE10.

1.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to nealeh

Great. I felt that PSE would handle the Camera RAW with a current ACR module, but did not know about Organizer.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to akarony2

akarony2

In accord with what has been written already in this thread, I suspect that you intended your question for Photoshop Elements and not Premiere Elements Forum since the Open As route to JPEG in the Camera Dialog is one of the features of the Photoshop Elements Full Editor.

Just in case, I wanted to contribute the following thoughts on the use of Camera Raw in the "Elements" environment:

1. Your camera supplying the raw images needs to be supported by the version of Camera Raw and that version needs to be supported by the Photoshop Elements version that you are using (two separate and needed thoughts).

2. On the Premiere Elements side of things, you can import raw and dng images into Premiere Elements but you have to have an appropriate version of Camera Raw plugin installed for Premiere Elements. In earlier versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements, these programs did not share the same program files location for the Camera Raw Plugin. In more recent ones, they do.

3. You cannot open the Camera Raw dialog for editing purposes (raw or otherwise) from Premiere Elements. The Camera Raw plugin in Photoshop Elements will get you the Camera Raw dialog for editing purposes.

4. Also in later versions, one can now use an automatic process for updating Camera Raw to the latest version for your particular version of Premiere Elements. Best, use the program's Help Menu/Updates.

Hope the information will be helpful.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points