Skip navigation
susan j. weber
Currently Being Moderated

upgrading from CS3 to CS5

Feb 25, 2012 12:33 PM

Tags: #cs5 #cs3

I purchased Photoshop CS5 upgrade. When I enter the CS3 serial number (Adobe CS 3 Design Standard)  I receive the notice that the serial number is valid, but a qualifying product cannot be found on my computer. Why is the upgrade not able to find my CS3 copy?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to susan j. weber

You would first be entering the Photoshop CS5 serial number followed by your eligible product.  If the serial number is valid then it should not be also searching for a qualifying product.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to susan j. weber

That is correct you are unable to upgrade from a CS3 suite to a CS5 point product.  Did you just purchase the upgrade?  Did you purchase the upgrade from Adobe or from a different seller?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to susan j. weber

Amazon should allow you to return it.  I would work with them to return the product.  Otherwise you may be able to work with Adobe for return but it would depend on if the seller was an authorized reseller or not.  This is why I would recommend trying to do a refund through Amazon first.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to susan j. weber

You can see the products you would qualify by visiting our upgrade eligibility wizard at http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/upgradeinfo.edu.html.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points