Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop "save as" jpeg action

Feb 25, 2012 2:27 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to make an action to automate the saving of one photoshop file to multiple different jpegs.  Basically what I am doing is producing team pictures from a psd template.  I will do player #1 then save as #1jpeg, #2 save as #2jpeg, etc up to 20 players.  I tried to make an action but it won't allow me to insert a file name.  It would be straight forward if I could get a stop in there. 

Any idea's how I could automate this, it would save me a million clicks this year.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to 88Wally

actions.jpgIn the actions panel you can turn on the dialog box which is pictured below as a small window-icon outlined in blue.  The blue outline I created to highlight the feature but you will find it and it will enable input into your action mid-stream.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to markerline

Yes, that's worked. But it has slight problem. It "replaces" the first image. What we want is when we play action. It should increment the image name by 1. For example, if the image name is "bluepay" then action produce bluepay1, bluepay2, bluepay3 and so on.

It is important feature and we are in desperate need for it. Any reply will be fanastic.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to PSMan2010

it wont replace the image if you type a unique filename into the dialog box which comes up for the save action.  but you can further automate the task using scripting for photoshop.  there is a scripting reference which you can search for.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to 88Wally

88Wally wrote:

saving of one photoshop file to multiple different jpegs

This isn't very clear. Would it solve anything to build up in layers in the same file, and then use File > Scripts > Export Layers to Files? That would at least give you sequential numbering.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points