Skip navigation
Kawboy2
Currently Being Moderated

Tween reversing direction in rolling animation.

Feb 26, 2012 4:06 PM

I am trying to make a banner where two colored squares roll across the screen. The first blue square does just fine, however when trying the same thing with a green square (in a different layer) it does ok the first half of the tween, but reverses direction in the second half (where I placed a keyframe)- even though I rotated the green square the same way as the first half. What is wrong and why won't it rotate the same way throughout the tween?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 26, 2012 10:48 PM   in reply to Kawboy2

what kind of tween, motion/classic?  if motion, did you use the motion editor?  if yes, attach a screenshot of the motion editor with your problematic tween selected.

if to any of those, attach a screen shot of the properties panel with the problematic tween selected.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to Kawboy2

Yeah, flash gets confused if you manually rotate a movie clip. The only way around that is to do what Kglad said. Select the square movie clip and open the transform window. You should see a radio button with the word rotate next to it and a little angle symbol below. Next to it, click on the number and you can either type in a value or drag your mouse left or right to change it. Type in a negative value to go left, or a positive to go right.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 27, 2012 10:01 PM   in reply to Kawboy2

you need to select the problematic tween, not the square.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 28, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to Kawboy2

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...