Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Flash Sound.

Feb 26, 2012 4:50 PM

Tags: #flash #audio #sound #failed #no_sound_in_youtube_videos

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv9700

Service Tag dv9910us

Window 7 Ultimate 32-bit. 

Get no Flash sound on YouTube or CNN.  No RealPlayer sound.  Good sound from music and videos download to HD.  I think flash sound disappeared last weekend of Nov 2011 when flash was automatically updated.

So far.  No luck.   I deleted the driver for the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 and reinstalled.  I consecutively deleted and downloaded the latest versions of IE, FireFox & Chrome.  I tried Microsoft Fix-It.

In Device Manager, there are two yellow warnings.  NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (Code 10) and USB Host Controller (Code 43).  I don't know if one of these can be the issue.

One weirdo.  Sound worked for 30 seconds one night last week when my wife watched YouTube.  When I realized it and she went onto something, the sound disappeared.  Go figure!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to FredCChu

Welcome to our community

Unfortunately you are in the wrong place. This forum is for discussing Audio/Video issues as related to the Adobe Captivate application.

Please click the link below and choose the forum for the appropriate Adobe product.

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Best of luck to you in solving your issue. Rick

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to Captiv8r

Hello Rick,

Looks like you know a lot about Adobe:  Maybe you can answer this question about Lightroom?

(I've been working with Lightroom for only a short while. )

My learning curve at present concerns metadata and saving it upon export.

I don't mind minimizing the metadata for exported files, as *copyright is the main item needed for my uses.  But even when I export with

metadata *not minimized, I cannot find my copyright listed anywhere when I click "get info" on my exported image itself. 

Can you explain why I *do see my copyright listed in the LR metadata panel for an image before export, but later cannot see it

embedded in the exported file?

Thanks so much,

Barbara B

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points