Skip navigation
ccb333
Currently Being Moderated

Changing workspace color

Feb 27, 2012 8:34 AM

I have CS5 Extended and my OS is XP.  I want to change the color of the workspace to black or at least darken it.  I can't find any way to do this.  I tried one tip of clicking on the paint bucket, setting it to black, then Shift and click on the workspace.  I've tried right clicking on the workspace.  Nothing brings up any options. Under Preferences/Interface, I set the screen to black but nothing happens.  Any suggestions welcome!  Thanks.

Christina

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to ccb333

Are you in Full Screen Mode or is the image’s window dragged open in such a way as to extend beyond the image?

Could you please post a screenshot?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Feb 27, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to ccb333

You cannot change the workspace color when no document is open.  You'll have to wait until Photoshop CS6 is released for that.

However, you CAN change the canvas surroundings when a document is open, which is helpful in many cases because it can help you concentrate on your document's colors better.  In that case, just right-click in the space beyond the edge of the document to see your options.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to ccb333

You have no image open, it seems, an the Preference-settings refer to those.

As far as I know you cannot change the Application Frame’s color.

But CS6 may change that.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Feb 27, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to ccb333

ccb333 wrote:

It does seem very odd with all you can do with PS, you can't change the workspace color!!

Apparently Adobe felt that way also - the next new release, Photoshop CS6 will allow you to do so.  It has already been shown off.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points