Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shouldn't a PDF reader on mobile devices by Adobe be the best?

Feb 29, 2012 7:42 AM

I would have thought that of all the apps on mobile devices that can read and display PDF documents a PDF Reader by Adobe would be the best one out there. Instead it seems little better than average. It is still the best one I have found but... As I have looked through the list of discussions on this forum it looks like many topics have gone unanswered. And those that have been answered only a few responses are given. What is going on with the development?

Tagged PDF documents work okay on my Samsung Galaxy tab but I want to be able to do more with PDF documents than just open and read them.

• Use bookmarks to navigate easily through a document
  • Use hyperlinks to navigate easily through a document
  • When I'm prepareing to teach a lesson I typically add notes in the margins and highlight text in the hard copy of the lesson manual. I would like to do the same in the PDF version of the manual.

One small advantage of a PDF document over epub is when when I tell someone or someone tells me to go to a certain page in book or manual or lesson book to follow along nothing work better than a PDF.

I was told recently that folks in another country use an iOS or Android device to view our PDFs more so than desktop units. So where is the development going with Adobe Reader for Android for example? At the rate technology changes these days it doesn't seem like anything is really moving forward.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to StevenDayton

Please be patient for a few more months! Your patience will be rewarded in a future update ...

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 1:55 AM   in reply to Dov Isaacs

Do you have timeline for these changes?  I love Adobe and prefer to read articles for class in PDF format rather than html.  I even ditched my iPad2 for 20% of purchase price because it didn't support Adobe.  I would reallylike to be able to annotate and highlight documents.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 2:41 AM   in reply to StevenDayton

The current version on iOS and Android support all the features that was mentioned in the original post. You may want to update your app and try using the new features. Feedbacks and new requests are welcome.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 2:43 AM   in reply to KeshavK

You may also want to have a look at the following blog to know about all the new features that have been added in this release.

http://blogs.adobe.com/readermobile/

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to StevenDayton

My Adobe just updated. I can now annotate and highlight. Thank you, Adobe!

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points