Skip navigation
hashhu1
Currently Being Moderated

Newbie needs help editing free flash template

Feb 29, 2012 11:52 AM

I am trying to change the name shown in flash on this website, but it is in bitmap form. It came with a psd file that I was able to edit, but it makes no changes to the site when uploaded. the site can be viewed at southernflaircateringdotcom

How can I edit the name grill house restaurant???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to hashhu1

I'm not able to find a site at

https://www.southernflaircatering.com/

broken link? wrong name?

Since every template is a little different, it's best to rely on the instructions that came with the template.

If you have edited the image, does the template use the .psd file or do you need to save the image in some other format like .jpg?

Or perhaps you did edit correctly and upload correctly but did not refresh your cache... so are viewing the old version. Clear your Temp Internet files folder and then refresh the page... any change?

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to hashhu1

Grill House and Restaurant are both imported from individual layers in the Photoshop file. Each of the Photoshop file layers are in the Assets folder in the index folder in the index.psd Assets folder in the Library. You can edit just the Grill House bitmap in Photoshop from the Library by right clicking on that bitmap, but this is not the best method.

Open the index.psd in Photoshop and make the changes that you want. Be sure to keep the layer organization the same. Save the edited .ps file. From Flash, import the .ps file. When the import window opens, select only the layer(s) that you've changed. These changed layers will import into a new folder structure in the Flash movie's library. Delete the old bitmaps from the folder in the Library. Drag the new bitmaps from their folders to the folders that contained the original bitmaps. In other words replace the old with the new. You should see the updated content in your movie when you test it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points