Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

VERY BIG PROBLEM: ADOBE PEOPLE PLEASE READ

Mar 1, 2012 12:14 AM

hi there

went to paris for big meetings

and guess what today in the iPad it seems to me that the articles and folios i uploaded yesterrday are not the latest versions. Yesterday i checked everything and everything was fine, did many tests to be sure.

When i login to the folio producer today i got

- a warning sign on ALL folios, tells the file is corrupted and that i gotta load eveything again : SMART, i'm just 600 km from the office ...

- FYI all the folio are at march 1st on Publication Date, which is just impossible.

- FYI there's a folio that i deleted two days ago who's back (magic) in the folio producer panel

i can show stuff on the ipad but all the work spent on the last three days with many improvements and articles are just not there, it's a BIG mess.

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to jbalmain

It's difficult to respond to posts in which you're reporting multiple issues without a clear question. You seem to be saying that you downloaded folios on your iPad, made changes, and verified them. When you went to Paris, you discovered that the downloaded folios somehow reverted to an older version. And now you're 600 km from your office. Have you tried re-creating the folio? Probably not, because it sounds like your source files are back at the office. We're sorry that you're experiencing difficulties. Please ask more specific questions so that we can help you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to jbalmain

This doesn't help your Paris problem, but in the future you could copy all your source files to a portable hard drive and then "Relink" them in the field.  Adobe added this feature recently and it is very helpful for corrections or updates away from the office.  I'm not saying you're at fault, and I've never experienced the extreme problem of the folios you've already downloaded not displaying the next day.  Are you saying that when viewing the folios on your iPad they were different from day to day or that when you logged in to the folio producer on digitalpublishing.acrobat.com the files said they were corrupted?

Andrew

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points