Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Menu was nice until I added a text effect in AE and imported it back to Encore as an asset.

Mar 1, 2012 3:41 PM

Tags: #cs5.5 #encore #menus #blurring

I had a nice simple menu built up in Encore.  It looked and worked fine in the preview.   I decided that it would look better if I had a sentence flash on and off.   In AE, I added a text preset.  It looked great during the preview.   I then rendered the composition.   I looked at the .avi file and it ran just like I had wanted it.  It was clean and crisp.   So I imported the *.avi file as an asset.   I then went to the Menu properties and then to the Motion tab.  I then whipped in the video to the *.AVI file I just added.   I rendered the Menu and then ran a Preview.  Everything worked like it was suppose to, EXCEPT, the complete screen was blurry.  It was like everything was out of focus.   EVERYTHING.   It seems like I have two menus showing, the old and new one together.   I am not sure what this is.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I did not do, or did wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Duane

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to DTwo22

Did you turn off the eyeballs in the layer palate ?  Check this out   http://vimeo.com/11148340

John Rich

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to DTwo22

Duane,

Did you get a chance to look at that link I gave you?  What I meant was you have to turn off the eyeballs in Encore when you have the menu selected.

What you want is to replace the background layer of your menu with a motion menu which is what you made in AE.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 8:40 PM   in reply to DTwo22

Duane,

Is that the Ham convention in Dayton?  Sorry to get off topic, but I got my license KC8WE about 25 years ago.  Hope you have a good time and get some new gear.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 7:38 PM   in reply to DTwo22

Duane,

You're right, I used CS3, but it shouldn't make any difference.  Actually, I put together the menu starting with photoshop and then using AE  and finally Encore for 7 sort of short videos  with this Vimeo album https://vimeo.com/album/214460.

What you have to do is in AE make your comp, say 20 seconds and then make you text animation run for the first 7 or 8 seconds of the comp and then have the text stop annimating there and just be stationary for the rest of the comp.

Then you  use that video you made in AE for a motion background in your encore menu.  You set the loop point at about 9 seconds so when the background movie loops, it skips the first part where there is animated text.

If you're not going to have one menu, that is no secondary menu such as scenes, then you don't have to worry about the second short menu I did.  However, in Encore CS5.5, you don't need the short menu. 

See if that works.

John

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points