Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help required in accessing a file on shared path

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to access a file present in a shared location using a custom component. When i run my Java code the file is accessible. But when i deploy the same code on livecycle as a custom component, the code is not able to access the file.

The location of the file is as follows: \\Shiva\Test\tempExcel.xlsx

The path string i use in Java code is: ////Shiva//Test//tempExcel.xlsx

Can someone help me with this issue. Do i have to change the pattern of the file path when i am trying to access the file from adobe livecycle custom component?

In case i need to provide permissions to livecycle for accessing the Excel sheet please suggest on how i should implement the same.

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

When i use read resource content to read the file i got the following error:

Caused by: com.adobe.repository.ResourceNotFoundException: ALC-REP-018-000: Resource [////Shiva//Test//tempExcel.xlsx] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.

How can i fix this error?

Regards,

Shiva..

Level 10

readResource content operation will fetch documents from Adobe Repository. Unless you checkin the required file into repository, the above error will remain.

From a shared folder, you should able to read the files using readDocument (using FileUtils) without any issues. Perhaps, the access rights prevent the execution.

If you are running JBoss as a windows service (turnkey will create a windows service for the JBoss instance), try the following:

Run -> services.msc -> Right click on JBoss service for Adobe LiveCycle -> Properties

Check the value given under logon tab. The User Account mentioned there should have appropriate access to the shared folder you are attempting read.

Nith

Level 4

Hi Nith,

Thanks for replying. The server is given access to the path. But the following error is coming up: ALC-FUT-001-011: File \\wb\mis\pcs\shared\eForms\test.txt does not exist.

Am i giving the path correctly? Please suggest.

Level 10

The path just looks fine. Contact your administrator to make sure that the path is accessible from the server.

Nith