Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

problems with After Effects on Mac OS

Mar 3, 2012 2:05 AM

I find it insulting that Adobe does not respond to these posts.

At least tell us they are aware of issues and are working on them .. with some sort of timeline.

Of the dozens of crash reports that I sent directly to Adobe with their own Crash Reporting app .. I NEVER ONCE recieved a reply that they confirmed my reports.

I will have to spent a good portion of my time to make a complete report soon ... time I do not have due to lost workflow and projects that need to be redone.

The Mac OS X "Activity Monitor" is what tells me how the Adobe Suite is performing.

Currently ... I am "Warp Stabilizing" a clip. 12 of my 24 hyperthreaded processors ( 6 cores ) are actively analyzing the background and stabilizing.

Stabilizing .. Cropping .. and trimming / cleaning up clips is all I have been doing .. and it has been tedious.

To load a 1650 frames clip from PP to AE via Dynamic Link takes 3 min. Only 2 hyperthreaded processors of the 24 are in use while this occurs.

Everytime I add another clip .. AE saves the entire Project .. which takes an increasingly long amount of time everytime additional clip is added.

It locks up AE and PP while this occurs. Nothing is available. You just have to sit and wait. Sucks!

Stabilizing in AE can occur while you are using PP. This seems to be the .. cont.()

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

> I find it insulting that Adobe does not respond to these posts.

This thread was started by an Adobe employee, and there are four posts on this thread by an Adobe employee.

This is a user-to-user forum, where users come to ask questions and get help from other users. There should be no expectation that Adobe employees answer here. But we do, as we have time. As you can see, I have more than 7,000 posts on this forum.

> Of the dozens of crash reports that I sent directly to Adobe with their own Crash Reporting app .. I NEVER ONCE recieved a reply that they confirmed my reports.

There should also be no expectation that we will respond to every crash report. Yes, the crash reports are very useful to us, but we can't and won't respond to every one.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

> If not .. I can fill out the "Feature Request" .. which I have done before .. and which has NEVER been replied to that it was recieved or noticed.

I'm one of the people who reads through all of those feature requests. We don't respond individually to those unless we need more information. If we did, it would take a lot of time---and we'd have less time to do things like improve the software.

Here's a post in which I responded to many in aggregate:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/12/top-after-effects-feature-r equests-for-the-past-year-or-so.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

Here's the contact information for Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

Pharther Phurther wrote:

Also ... In the meantime .. both PP and AE have crashed once again .. I just lost 2 hours of work.

What do you recommend?

I reccommend saving your work more often. I use auto save in AE and PPro. Never lost more than a few minutes of work from a crash in about 15 years of working with computers. I can't say the same about hardware failures.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)