• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install CS4 from iMac 10.7.3 from original disks

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install CS4 from the original disks on my new iMac intel Core i7, 10.7.3

During initial install, we had a power out. I was using the first disk & had performed a System Profile & asked to confirm my info & serial # -- then continued the install with first disk.

Then the house went black -- and imac powered out. It powered back on before I could unplug it from the wall. Everything started fine, but I ejected the disk and started the install again this morning.

During the initial disk, "Setup" and System Profile portion, I got an error message that reads:

Critical errors were found in setup for Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design premium:

undifined

the installer database is invalid: please re-install the product from original media

Please see the Setup log file for details. Click Quit to exit Setup.

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 9.19.53 AM.png

I looked in the Applications Folder and deleted any Adobe files that were installed last night. And in the Applications utilities folder and deleted the Adobe install log. I did this by dragging the file to the trash and emtying the trash. i did a search for additional Adbobe files, and CS4 files, and "install" files, and "log" files - but found nothing else.

But I continue to get this same error message even though I seam to have deleted all the installed files.

I called Apple help, and they told me to contact Adobe.

I'm hoping someone can help me soon...

After this CS4 install is successful, I was hoping to install the upgrade I just bought for CS5.5 ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and try again. The file you are looking for is caps.db, BTW.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you -- That seamed to help. I was able get a little further in the install. I got past the part where I enter the serial # and what items I want installed. But then got this message:

Installation of following compnents has failed:  basically all the applications... what do you make of this?

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 3.36.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 3.36.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you -- That seamed to help. I was able get a little further in the install. I got past the part where I enter the serial # and what items I want installed. But then got this message:

Installation of following components has failed:  basically all the applications... I checked it twice thinking I had the wrong serial# - but got the same error a second tim. what do you make of this?

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 3.36.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-03-03 at 3.36.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines