Skip navigation
hisworkmanship
Currently Being Moderated

Please add Autosave feature to PS Touch

Mar 23, 2012 12:21 PM

Tags: #lost #work #autosave

Please add Autosave to Photoshop Touch or at least save the current state of the App on exit of the application I lost all of my work on a project.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to hisworkmanship

Hi Hisworkmanship,

I haven't had this happen, are you working on an Android tablet or iPad? Either of these should remember the last state of the application if you switch to another app. How did you exit the app?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to hisworkmanship

That is true.

The app doesn't save the last state of the project on activity destroy.

Android tablet.

Standart scenario:

1) you draw

2) you go to other activity (by clicking "Home", having incoming call or other...)

3) you run some more apps

4) android destroys the PS Touch activity to free some RAM (standart thing)

5) you start the PS Touch again and see that your work is lost.

"

But easily the most frustrating part of Photoshop for smartphones is that it tends to close quickly.  Switch to your browser or homescreen for more than a minute, and Photoshop will need to reboot. That's not a big deal in and of itself, but it will also lose whatever changes you've made to your open photo without saving, no matter how long you've been working on it. This behavior will teach you to save early and often. This may not be avoidable, considering the huge memory footprint (it'll easily eat up 100MB or more) but the app should have some kind of auto-save feature in place.

Read more at http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/03/04/photoshop-touch-for-phone-revi ew-worth-the-price-even-if-youve-already-paid-it/#lcttCMUgdkBBY7Tt.99

"

More info for your developers team: http://developer.android.com/training/basics/activity-lifecycle/stoppi ng.html

Please fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2014 12:03 PM   in reply to JBox0

I agree that the app does not save the current state. I love the app and I`m using it on both iPhone and iPad Mini, really great app, but that`s a big issue! Las time I lost project with tons of layers and edits. The app crashed wile I was browsing the gallery to add new photo layer. Please fix it!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2014 7:13 AM   in reply to David__B

I purchased the app and as I mentioned in my previous reply, the app crashes quiet often which is very annoying especially when you have a lot of layers and you have to start everything from a scratch. No save button or autosave function. In fact it crashes every time when I try to import photo layer with large size image or when downloading large image from Cretive Cloud. I`m using the app on iPhone4 and iPad Mini, and the problem is with both devices. Taught the problem is with my devices, but asked few friends to try the app and they have the same problem on iPhone 5/5s, 4/4s. I just rated the app with one star and comment in the US app store. For large company like Adobe, you left the things half way and your developers didn`t do their job properly! If it was single developer would get 3 -4 stars and a comment with recomendadtions. But Adobe... you get one star and dissapointed user that spend 15$ for app that is crashing. Awesome intuitive interface... but unusable. Well done Adobe!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2014 3:02 PM   in reply to caffeineg

This thread was necro'd but one thing to keep in mind: If you want to save, go back out to the main project file selection interface (tap the arrow in the upper left in the project workspace). PS Touch will, of course, ask if you want to save. Not the most streamlined process but it works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points