Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How long will it take to download Adobe Trial software?

Mar 6, 2012 12:55 PM

Tags: #download_speed

Many factors, such as the connection type and network traffic, affect download speed. This table provides estimated download times for different file sizes at typical connection speeds. The estimates assume ideal network conditions, your actual download time can be longer.

For faster downloads, avoid peak hours (9am to 6pm Eastern time).

Some products, typically applications that are about 1 GB or larger, require that you have a a DSL or faster connection for download. For example: Photoshop CS Extended (1.1 GB), Photoshop Elements (1.5 GB), Creative Suite Design Premium (5.0 GB).

Table.png

If you still have trouble downloading, please let us know!

More info on Trial Downloads

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to tgough88

Started downloading trial of Web Premium 5.5; started out great; said about 3 hours; got to 54 minutes and stopped; I tried pausing it and starting it again, now it says 3 hours again, but its still not moving.  What should I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to bexboomer

What type of internet connection are you using?  Did you customize the download location?  Do you receive any error messages?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to tgough88

I had no error messages but When I was downloading Premier Pro, It said it took 12hours. I live in GMT+9. In New york, its 2PM. Is that the peak hours or something overloaded in your servers?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to limabeanteh

Did it successfully download after 12 hours?  It is possible there could be a lot of traffic on our servers.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 9:50 PM   in reply to tgough88

Stuck last 12 Minutes..

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to MuhammadXaLy

MuhammadXaLy can you please answer the questions in post #2.

For any new posters to this thread please review the thread in it's entirety and post your responses to the questions asked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to tgough88

I have a license key but I have to download the CS6 Design and Web Premium trial version and then enter the key because I am in school.  But, once it downloads 10.28%, the Adobe Download Assistant freezes. It goes no further.  I have been trying to download this software for the past three days!  I need this for my classes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to tgough88

it's been over six hours and elements 10 still is not available

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 6:21 PM   in reply to tgough88

Has anyone downloaded in any where the times they suggest? I gave up, 18hrs for CS6 web design premium!it took 3 hrs of 1gig I then tried Indesign CS6 and it took 3hours!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to palalnz

palaNewZealand the times listed in the original post are estimates depending on the speed of your network connection.  It should also be noted that your download speeds are not only dependent on the speed of your connection to the Internet.  They also can be affected by the amount of traffic on servers between you and the download server location as well as traffic on your own internal network.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to tgough88

Su sistema de descarga es una pesadilla, 10 horas para bajar 7350 mb.  Deben usar algo más efectivo y atractivo, ya se me quitaron las ganas de renovar y estoy a punto de suspender la decarga.

He bajado archivos más grande que ese, desde mi cuenta en Microsoft con su sistema y lo más que he demorado son tres horas.  Deben usar otro punto espejo o cambiar el gestor de descarga.

Message was edited by: IRARIS

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to IRARIS

For those responding regarding the download estimate please remember that these are just estimates.  As Tyler stated in the original post your connection type as well as network traffic, both internal and external, can greatly affect your download speed.

As long as the download is continuing to proceed it would indicate that you should obtain a successful download.  If you are experiencing difficulties with the download being completed then please post the following a new thread in the Trial Download & Install FAQ - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/ada_faq?view= overview:

• The error message you are receiving when trying to download.
    • Which Adobe software you are trying to download
    • Which operating system you are using
    • The web browser(s) which you have tried
    • Where you are choosing to download your install files too

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 2:13 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Excuses!  Shameful!  Downloads from Adobe take me 20 to 40 times longer for the same size file (2 GB for Photoshop Elements is about the size of a major upgrade or big photo set over my DSL network, yet is taking 10 hours instead of 10 or 20 minutes!)   I am sure the Adobe servers are inadequate, and need upgrading.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to tgough88

I have the exact same problem as MuhammadXaLy

I have no trouble what so ever with my connection, but the download seems to be stuck at a certain point. I've been waiting for a couple of hours, thinking maybe it's a glitch in the Assistant, and it does download the package. But no, it keeps saying 6 hours. You can Imagine this is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have no problem exchanging HD movies of a couple of Gig's to customers.

This is just one fail in a long list of customer fails I've experienced since buying a licence. Adobe really needs to adres this. You can make great products, but if you fail to support it, the word get's around.

p.s Jeff A Wright, your link isn't working.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to iggy.hart

Thanks for the update Iggy.hart I have updated the link in post #12.

Unfortunaely the numerous times I have tested the trial downloads on both my home network and the Adobe network I have had no difficulties and the downloads have occured in a reasonable amount of time.

SB Bill and Iggy.Hart if you both would like to indicate which ISP you are using I can branch the discussion out to another thread.  This will allow us to probe more if it is a specific ISP or server between you and the ISP which might be causing difficulties.  I would also be curious to know if it depends on the time of day you are downloading the trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks, Jeff.  I use Impulse Internet.  My DSL download speed per www.speedtest.net is 0.71 mB/s, which means a 2 GB file should download in 3000 s, or 50 minutes.  My time with the Adobe website was over 8 hours!  I experienced this same long time starting at 9 AM and on a second try at 10 PM.  

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to SB Bill

Thanks for the update SB Bill!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 9:51 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello- I have been trying for three days to download with CS6 Web and Design AND Master Collection but neither will download- I have a key for school but am getting very frustrated. I have an excellent internet connection so I do not understand what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 1:24 PM   in reply to tgough88

Hello,  I have been trying for two days to download with CS6 Web and Design and Master collection but neither will down load.  I had the Adobe Flash player until a technition put in a new hard drive.  Since then I have not been able to us Adobe.  Why will it not down load?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 1:32 PM   in reply to tgough88

Hi everyone- I figured it out! I downloaded to my desktop instead of the recommended folder, and I changed my computer settings so that it wouldn't go to "sleep mode" or turn the screen off at all, and it worked! Took nine hours but it worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to ralafavers

Hello,  I just posted the thread below on another thread asking questions about downloading Adobe products.

Are you using Internet Explorer Browser to download Adobe products, if so, it will not work.  Download Google Chrome and, then

download the software.  I spent three weeks trying to download with Internet Explorer Browser and the downloads would get stuck.

I decided to try another Browser and the downloads complete in 30 minutes.

Lets put it this, Internet Explorer was not working for me, although, Google Chrome does work for me.  Try another Internet Browser!

Take Care!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 6:14 AM   in reply to Franchelle1

I was downloading Master Collection using Firefox, and noticed that things had slowed considerably. First, I inactivated my defense software. Not much help. Then, I uninstalled a plugin that Avast had installed (with permission) in Firefox. The download rate lept up by a factor of 10 or so.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to bexboomer

I really depends on what your download rate is, what browser your using, and how fast your computer is.  I usually use firefix, because it's dependable realiable and has no lag issue (for me atleast).  If you have good optic internet, then the download rate should be much faster then your normal average day download speeds.  Clearing your cookies and cache is also a good way too increase your speed as well.  Also, if your stuck, cancel the program out entirely, restart your pc and re-download it. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 9:40 PM   in reply to SB Bill

I agree with SB Bill.  I am on a high speed DSL 1500/384 connection and a 4 gig download has only progresses 34% in 5 hours.  What's us Adobe.  This is BAD!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to tgough88

I Have A Question How Abou I Download Photoshop CS6 Extend (PH) how many hours do i need to took?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points