• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Deployment target for iOS mobile AIR apps

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find an "easy" way to set the deployment target of my Adobe Air mobile project.  The key/value pair I want to add to my info.plist file is:

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>4.3</string>

This will set the minimum iOS version of my app to 4.3.

When I try and manually add this key/value pair to my app descriptor file, in the <InfoAdditions> area, I get the following error:

"error 105: application.iPhone.InfoAdditions contains an invalid value"

So I'm figuring that FlashBuilder is already setting the value for "MinimumOSVersion".  However, I can't find anywhere in FB to set the value myself.

I DID find instructions on how to disassemble the .ipa file, find the .plist file and change it, then reconstruct the .ipa, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3672550#3672550

However, I paid pretty decent money for this FlashBuilder IDE, and I'm really surprised/disappointed this isn't something that can be done in the app descriptor file.

Can someone from Adobe please confirm if this is true?  Is there ANY way to set this value manually in FlashBuilder?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Thanks for the link.  So the answer is that FlashBuilder does not allow you to set "MinimumOSVersion" for your app, because it pins it at 4.0.  We would like to set our base iOS deployment target to iOS 4.3 for our app, but unfortunately it doesn't looks like it's possible through FlashBuilder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your key as a reserved key for iOS. I haven't tested it myself but here's the keys you cannot change. Sure enough, MinimumOSVersion is reserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.  So the answer is that FlashBuilder does not allow you to set "MinimumOSVersion" for your app, because it pins it at 4.0.  We would like to set our base iOS deployment target to iOS 4.3 for our app, but unfortunately it doesn't looks like it's possible through FlashBuilder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is confirmed true of FlashBuilder.

Is this also true of the Flash IDE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's what the framework and compiler supports, not so much the app you're using to author it. This is a limit of the compiler so you can safely assume regardless if you use Flash Builder, Flash Pro, FDT+eclipse, FlashDevelop, etc it is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AIR 3.3 SDK, you shall be able to use MinimumOSVersion key in your application.xml.

You may add the following in your application.xml Infoadditions tag:

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>5.1</string>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, is there a new link to a list of any other supported info additions we also may not know about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines