Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do you update Extension Manager CS5 for Lion?

Mar 6, 2012 7:47 AM

Tags: #cs #5.0 #extension_manager

I can't get the Extension Manager update to work since I installed Lion on my Mac.  What do you do to stop this error:

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 5.0 Update

Adobe Extension Manager CS5 has been moved or deleted improperly. Please launch or reinstall the application to update the location and try again. To remove the product from the system, please uninstall product using the aliases under "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers"

I've tried re-installing it & that does no good, I get the same message. How do I upt AEM CS5 on a Lion Mac?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to LeslieInV

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 6:20 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

Can you uninstall Extension Manager successfully? Was it still in file system after the uninstallation? Can you reboot your Mac and try again?

You can also check installation log files of Extension Manager in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers. Try to find any clue for the issue, or paste the content here.

If all of these still do not help, you may need to do more:

1. Back up all files stored in Adobe product directories. This may include custom plug-ins or profiles you have installed.

2. Uninstall all Adobe Create Suite products.

3. Download Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool from http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html, and following steps in the page to clean your system.

4. Reinstall all Adobe Creative Suite products.

5. Update Extension Manager with http://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/mac/A dobeExtensionManager_5_0_2_mul_AdobeUpdate.dmg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

Before you uninstall CS5, you can try:

1. Move "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps/caps.db" and "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/*.*" to somewhere else, and reinstall the dmg again.

2. If it still does not work, move files above back.

3. Paste the installation log( should be "Adobe Extension Manager....log.gz"  in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installer/ ) here.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to LeslieInV

Yes, we also got some troubles while upgrading to Lion. Anyway, it is good to hear that your trouble no longer exists.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points