Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A different equalizer

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone !

What I am trying to work out, is an equalizer... I know how to do just that based on the sound playing on the flash window.

But what if I want the equalizer to follow music playing outside flash.

How can I take this information in my aaplication for the equalizer to follow ?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

No. AIR cannot intercept raw OS-level processes like that out of the box. You're going to need something lower level.

I have done this with c# before using a service. I recorded everything that ever came over the microphone. Flash or AIR had nothing I could use to do the same thing without being run intentionally and without the users consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to transmit sound data to flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more concrete for my request please, because I am looking at the NetStream class (which came from google search) and I need help to get going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound data from what type of source? An internet stream? A microphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want that my flash application had a way to catch the music playing (no matter if it comes from web browser or desktop application).

I think it must be a way of getting this data through windows os but I am not sure at all and don't have the knowlegde, so can anyone help here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash itself cannot do anything like intercept the audio being played over the default sound channel. It's not allowed. You're going to need to make a desktop application for this sort of thing, it cannot be a website. It will also need extra access Flash projectors don't have.

You could use MDM Zinc or ScreenTime mProjector to extend the functionality of flash so you can integrate it with another lower level language like c#.NET or anything that would have this low level of OS access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about AIR, does it have any extra capability to help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. AIR cannot intercept raw OS-level processes like that out of the box. You're going to need something lower level.

I have done this with c# before using a service. I recorded everything that ever came over the microphone. Flash or AIR had nothing I could use to do the same thing without being run intentionally and without the users consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines