Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot fully setup Adobe ID

Mar 7, 2012 1:58 PM

Started setting up Adobe ID.  They accepted by email address, but I put today's date, rather than a birthday date.  Now I cannot complete anything for the Adobe ID.  Help !!!  Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to routerswbellnet

Are you using your web browser to set up your account?  Have you tried a different web browser?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to routerswbellnet

Routersbellnet I would recommend setting up your account at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nf=1&nl=1&loc=en_us

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to routerswbellnet

Routerswbellnet I have moved your discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.  The users in this forum will be more familiar with the usage of Adobe IDs within Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.  I am pleased to hear that you were able to log into your Adobe ID at http://www.adobe.com/.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 3:57 PM   in reply to routerswbellnet

Photoshop Elements does not require you to enter an Adobe ID to use the product overall, but there are some features that require you to log-in, specifically backing up/synching to your online account. However, from your own admission, you are trying to create a new account using the information from an existing account. This cannot be done. What you need to do is simply sign in with your existing account information.

What part of Photoshop Elements are you attempting to create a new ID from? Is there not just a place to simply enter your email and password instead? Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 6:06 PM   in reply to Brett N

Guys this is my EXACT PROBLEM.  Here is my question in Premiere Elements forum that I was asked to post here at Photoshop.  

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5134129#5134129

I found this from Pete in FAQ at Premiere Elements.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5115707#5115707

In summation from either Photoshop or PE 10 I cannot log into my account from the actual program where it says sign in.  Everytime I type in my DOB and personal URL and check the boxes then submit.  Always a FAILURE box appears.   I have an Adobe ID!!!   Any help appreciated!  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to luckenbaugh9357

Account creation for the file hosting services on Photoshop.com is closed as these services are being discontinued. You will not be able to create such an account in Photoshop or Premiere Elements and the message you are seeing is expected behavior.

Those who have already created an account in the past can still log into their accounts for a short time during this transition period, which is what Pete's FAQ post is about. But since you do not already have an account, this post does not apply to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to Brett N

Brett thanks that seems to be the definitive answer...i sure wish Adobe Chat personell could have told me this at the beginning when I first brought up this issue...it would have saved me lots of time.  So I guess they kind of left those of us with PE10 and before behind.  Such is life.   And a big thanks to your staff member Pete Green who was helping me behind the scenes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to Brett N

Brett N wrote:

Account creation for the file hosting services on Photoshop.com is closed as these services are being discontinued. You will not be able to create such an account in Photoshop or Premiere Elements and the message you are seeing is expected behavior.

Those who have already created an account in the past can still log into their accounts for a short time during this transition period, which is what Pete's FAQ post is about. But since you do not already have an account, this post does not apply to you.

brett the does this mean that i can never sign in to my account (created after discontinuation of photoshop.com hosting) on my applications and would there be a way around this so that i couls sign in (side note im set up with ape9 not ape10)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to that guy bro

There is no longer anything to sign into. The older applications don't know this as they were created before these features were removed from the site. The only kind of account you can create is a standard Adobe ID, but this does not tie into any features within Photoshop Elements or Photoshop.com.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points