Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Strobe Media Player broken after compile assets.swc and compile project in Flash Builder

Mar 7, 2012 3:44 PM

Tags: #flash_builder #strobe #compile_error

I'm using CS5.5 - Flash Builder 4.5 and Flash Professional 11.5.1.349.  If I import a fresh Strobe Media Player 1.6.328 project into Flash Builder and compile, it works as expected and the StrobeMediaPlayback.html page loads in my browser and behaves normally. 

Next, I load assets.fla in Flash Professional and do not make any changes and publish a new assets.swc.  Then I go back to Flash Builder and refresh the StrobeMediaPlayback project and compile again.  This time when StrobeMediaPlayback.html loads in the browser, the Strobe SWF is instantiated on the page but is not executing, i.e. no play button and no scrub bar at the bottom, just a black box.  Right button on the black box does bring up the Flash menu so the SWF did load but execution stopped somewhere.

I'm trying to get the debugger working in Flash Builder, but no luck so far.

Hopefully someone has seen this before and has some ideas.

Regards,

Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 2:11 AM   in reply to TimB_Kulabyte

Hi Tim,

We use Flash Builder to build SMP. Regarding how to build in Flash Professional, have you checked http://osmf.org/dev/osmf/specpdfs/building-osmf.pdf ? I don't know if it solves your problem. We'll try to update the document if there are some missing steps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points