• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to configure presets for the “create from scanner” option, the following issue occurs:

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to configure presets for the "create from scanner " option, the following occurs:

We are unable to scan from the document feeder. Every preset defaults to the flatbed. Inside the preset configuration (any preset), when choosing "Options" for the selected scanner, the user interface section is greyed out. We need the "native scanner interface" dialogue to appear when scanning so that we can select the document feeder, rather than the flatbed. This is using Acrobat X Standard.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some older scanners do not support presets, so when you choose an unsupported scanner from the pop-up menu, a dialog stating "This scanner does not support presets" appears.

What type of scanner and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a HP Officejet Pro 8600 (NEW).

Thank You!!

Gerald Guilbeaux

Quality Assurance Manager

[personal information removed by moderator]

Description: Description: cid:image003.jpg@01C9FF07.F4A2BE50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same *frustrating* problem as buckslayer1:  I'm unable to scan from the document feeder.

I'm using an HP 5610xi All-In-One printer.

About a week ago, I changed to the Windows Vista OS (from XP) and upgraded to Adobe Acrobat X Pro (from Adobe 9).

The document feeder works just fine with my other software, and with making photocopies on the printer. The only software with issues about the feeder that I've encountered is Acrobat X Pro.

What I've tried:   (1) I updated the printer software online, but that hasn't helped.  (2) I've tried changing some of the options in Acrobat X, but everything defaults to the flatbed.

I've wasted a *LOT* of time trying to fix this problem.     Can anyone in the community help me?

--Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Gailgw;

I just put a short cut to my printer software to scan and it works fine that way! Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!

Gerald Guilbeaux

Quality Assurance Manager

[personal information removed by moderator]

Description: Description: cid:image003.jpg@01C9FF07.F4A2BE50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Acrobat X Pro win7-64, Fujitsu FI-6130.

I want to be able to "use native interface" with presets.

Option is greyed out.

And YES, the Fujitsu Twain driver supports the native interface.

As a matter of fact, I can use it with "custom scan".

The problem is that, when I go set up the "advanced options" (remove 3-holes) it never goes back to "scan", just hangs and I have to kill it from Task Manager.

Any ideas?

I can't get Acrobat (or the driver?) to save the settings, it only does that upon successful scan completion.

As a point of interest, I did not have the problem with Acrobat X 1.3.

Wish I were able to roll back (1.4 has other problems, discussed elsewhere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Native Interface was not avaialble with Presets in Acrobat 10.1.3

Regarding the other issue: "The problem is that, when I go set up the "advanced options" (remove 3-holes) it never goes back to "scan", just hangs and I have to kill it from Task Manager.", could you please elaborate which options are you referrring here and the steps to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Native interface is not available for presets in 10.1.4 either)

Win 7 pro-64

Acrobat 10.1.4

Fujitsu fi-6130/USB

Kofax VirtualReScan (VRS) 4.5 Service Pack 1

Fujitsu twain  9.21.920

Steps:

1. Start Acrobat X Pro

2. Create/PDF from scanner/Configure Presets

3. Chose Black & White

3. Scanner Options:

Data Transfer Mode - Native  

User Interface - preset to "Hide Native" greyed out can't change

As to the First Custom Scan Issues I have:

1. Start Acrobat X Pro

3. Chose Custom Scan; Settings:

Scanner: Kofax Software VRS - TWAIN

Sides: BOTH SIDES <== !!!

Color Mode: Black and White

Scanner Options:

Data Transfer Mode: Native

User Interface: Hide Native

4. Click on "Scan"

5. Page is scanned - Processing Page 1 of 1 -  SINGLE-SIDED - Acrobat does not pass on the "BOTH SIDES". It used to do that in prior versions (don't remember if it was 10.1.3 or 9)

The other Custom Scan Issues I have:

1. Start Acrobat X Pro

Scanner Options:

User Interface: SET TO Show Scanner's Native Interface

4. Click on OK, returns to "Custom Scan" menu

5. Click on "Scan"

6. Native Interface pops up:

Kofax VRS - Fujitsu fi-6130 with SVRS with AIPE

SIMPLEX/DUPLEX = SIMPLEX!!!

(If I click away from this menu, like on another window, the native interface disappears. Just discovered that the only way to get back to it is ALT-TAB then chose the Native Interface Window)

7. Click on "Advanced", make any changes, click on "OK"

8. Does not return to Native screen, that's where I mistakenly assumed a "hang"

9. Alt-TAB to Native Interface.

10. Set Simplex/Duplex to DUPLEX

Save as BW-Duplex

11. I was able to click on "SCAN", all OK

It appears that there are 3 problems:

1. Presets do NOT pass on the simplex/duplex option

2. Custom Scan Native Interface "disappears". Alt-Tab to it makes it re-appear, and from there things function as expected.

3. "Some" previous Custom Scan/ Native Interface settings are not saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem where the preset option for single side is not holding.  If I use custom scan, it is set for single sided, but if I use the black & white option or Grayscale option, it defaults to both sides.  I'm using a Fujitsu fi-6130 and fi-5120 and Adobe X Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

experts

my hp printer having same issue when i scan my scan window close immediately with adobe reader works well on all other applications i have removed and reinstalled with latest HP Officejet 6310 driver but same problem i dont know whats wrong pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try some solutions Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

You are saying Adobe Reader closes while scanning. But we don't support scanning on Adobe Reader which is a free product. Can you please ensure do you have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Also please share Acrobat version and error message you are getting.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a fix, but it is a workaround.  I downloaded Windows Scan (free from the Microsoft store) and scanned the document to a PDF.  Then, I could open it with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Start Acrobat X Pro

Scanner Options:

User Interface: Hide Native

4. Click on "Scan"

5. Page is scanned - Processing Page 1 of 1 -  SINGLE-SIDED - Acrobat does not pass on the "BOTH SIDES". It used to do that in prior versions (don't remember if it was 10.1.3 or 9)

Has this been fixed yet? Its slowing us down over here. Someone else mention on another web site that you can edit an .XML file but cant find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset are meant for one click scan.

For using the Scanner's native interface, please use Custom Scan option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The custom scan option is not avaible anymore in Acrobat DC.
The "show scanner's native user interface" option is grayed out.

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

In Acrobat DC Scan settings are changed for better look and working.

1. Custom scan option is still there, with name "Default settings" if there is no change in settings. And if you change any value under this option it will be renamed as 'My custom settings'.

2. "Show scanner's native Interface" is not available for any preset, that's why it's disable here. If you want to use it, you can use Default Settings/My custom settings option.

For better understanding you can go through Scan documents to PDF, Adobe Acrobat  .

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

Is your issue resolved after the information we shared earlier or you still have any doubts?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines