Skip navigation
Tom Mullica
Currently Being Moderated

Is On Location a STAND-ALONE software?

Mar 8, 2012 1:43 PM

I have Adobe's CS5.5 Production Premium installed on my desktop.  I am now wanting to shoot some green screen footage in my garage (more room).  I have an older Compaq Laptop with an IEEE 1394 Port...can I hook my camera to that laptop and install ON LOCATION on it to tweek my camera?  Two main questions if I can:

1.  Can I install just the ON LOCATION software on the laptop?  I'm sure it won't hold the complete Production Premium CS5.5 and I don't need it anyway.

2.  Is the ON LOCATION a stand-alone software that can run and display without any of the other CS5.5 package?

I'D APPRECIATE SOME ADVICE HERE...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Tom

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Tom Mullica

Yes, you can install just OnLocation.

The standard single-user retail license for Production Premium says that you can install it on two computers, so just use the installer on the laptop and don't choose to isntall all of the other applications.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to Tom Mullica

You can install and activate the suite or any portions of it on two computers. If you install just OnLocation on one computer, you can still install and activate the whole suite (or any parts of it) on another computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points