Skip navigation
johnbuzz
Currently Being Moderated

Major performance issue: AIR browser is slow to load AJAX app & kills CPU

Mar 10, 2012 1:12 PM

Hello,

This issue for so long. I tried to submit a ticket that was erased.

Here's someone else talking about that topic: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3896291#3896291

My question - Is there a solution ahead or I have to wait patiently that all my clients uninstall the application?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to johnbuzz

The topic http://forums.adobe.com/message/3896291#3896291 mentions very poor performance on event handling on Oct 15, 2011.

After 6 months there seems to be no fix or workaround provided by Adobe, not even a notice that the issue is confirmed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 12, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to johnbuzz

The bug referenced in that thread, AIR browser is slow to load AJAX app, is still open/to track.  Based off the notes from Jian on Nov 6th, we've been able to reproduce the issue but it does not have enough votes to qualify for our current releases.  We need additional users to cast their votes that this is impacting their applications. 

There is a note on November 11th, that suggests that removing inset box shadows can resolve this issue in some cases.  This is most likely similar to other known bugs where -webkit-box-shadow impacts performance on Windows.  All cases have been deferred at this time as the solution is not trivial to address (I've personally entered this bug at least twice.)

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, thanks for helping us keep this performance issue alive and tracked - much appreciated.

In my case, the Windows Adobe AIR performance problem in my application has nothing to do with CSS box shadows --- I didn't use box shadows in the app.

I've invested so much time learning Adobe AIR using HTML/CSS/Javascript, but I must admit I'm now looking for alternatives to Adobe AIR because of this. This performance issue REALLY IS a major problem and a deal-breaker for commercial projects. I just wish Adobe could pay more attention to this.

Best,

Oscar

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 12, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to flipone01

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the info that at least in your case, css shadows are not involved.  I've just commented in the bug report and cast my vote.  Please spread the word and ask people to cast their votes!

AIR browser is slow to load AJAX app

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points