Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Morphing using large set of external points

Mar 13, 2012 12:54 AM

Hi all,

I have a kind of map. I want to apply a morphing on a selected number of layers using a large set of points (~5000). The set of points is provided as a text file by an external home made software. For each point, I have old and new coordinates. I can modify the format of the external set of points, if needed.

Can I use scripting to perform my morphing?

I saw that VBScript rely on an activeX component. Can I take control over Illustrator from an external software using the activeX component?

PS : I use Illustrator 10 under WinXP Home but I can consider upgrading Illustrator. Is scripting available in the trial version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to Erik_X

I don't know any VB… but the scripting model is the same for each language AI supports… Path point's properties have r/w access… So in theory yes script could do this…

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to Erik_X

Erik,

I'm not sure ifI totally understand what you are trying to do but I use Visual Basic in Visual Studio to run concurrently with AI. I develop in Visual Studio and just use a run-time debuggers to make the script (and all it's non-AI scripting logic) interact in real-time with the AI files at will. I don't know anything about Delaunay triangulation, but it would possibly seem that if the algorithm can be called from VB and path points have read-write access, as Mark said, then I think that this could possibly (in theory) work for you.

Please let us know how you make out.

Good luck!

TT

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points