Skip navigation
e-spec1
Currently Being Moderated

Can you push install an extension without using Extension Manager?

Mar 13, 2012 9:27 AM

I'm looking for a way to deploy a CS5 extension en mass using an unattended network push install utility (i.e. LanDesk). I have not been able to find any documentation yet on how to do this and our corporate customers do not want to send someone to every desktop to install or upgrade extensions manually using Extension Manager (in some cases they can have over 1000 end users spread across the country). Please help me locate some documentation on how to do this.

Thanks,

Dwane Ferry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to e-spec1

Can you write a script/batch file to download extensions, and install them in headless command line mode( -suppress )? Then you can share this script with end users.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 7:43 PM   in reply to e-spec1

Extension Manager supports updatable extension. If your existing extension specifies update URL in its mxi file, when the new version of the extension is available, you can put the update information file to the URL. Extension Manager will detect the extension update during launch and notify users. After user clicks the "Update" button, the updated extension will be downloaded and installed.

Extension Manager also supports command line interface. You can put the extension to a shared loacation, and write a batch file using commands. Send the batch file to all customers to run.

More detailed information about updatable extension can be found in http://www.adobe.com/go/em_file_format .

About command line interface, please see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/extensionmanager/cs/using/WSB4845EDD-14E5- 476a-B749-FF328830D14F.html .

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points