Skip navigation
NoDelay
Currently Being Moderated

How to divide 2 pages per page of PDF scans?

Mar 13, 2012 8:46 PM

When I scan a book, it's inconvenient to read the pages in a small screen because I have to keep scrolling side to side and up and down because one image has two pages. Is there a way to split these images into two, so that page 2 appears below page 1 instead of to the right of it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 2:26 AM   in reply to NoDelay

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to NoDelay

You can use cropping to crop one side and save to a file (or reprint if you like), then repeat the process with the other side. Then merge the two files. With a bit of JavaScript you can reorder all of the pages. Sorry, I don't have such a script at hand. You can also just expand the pages view and merge them by dragging the pages to the right place -- a bit time consuming. However, if price is an issue, either the JavaScript or the dragging are the simple solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 2:37 AM   in reply to NoDelay

sort of old but if anyone else is trying to figure this out, this is the solution http://ciantic.blogspot.com/2011/09/duplicate-all-pages-in-acrobat-x.h tml

"This is just a small JavaScript extension to Acrobat X that allowes to Duplicate all pages in-place there exists another version which used extractPages and I didn't like that behavior so I wrote [my] own.

First elevate privileges of the JavaScript programs:

1. [Edit > Preferences > JavaScript]
    2. Check the "Enable menu items JavaScript execution privileges".

Secondly save following snippet as duplicate.js to the %appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\JavaScripts folder:

app.addMenuItem({  cExec: "duplicatePagesInPlace();",  cParent: "Edit",  cName: "Duplicate all pages (in-place)"  });    function duplicatePagesInPlace() {  var doc = this,  pages = this.numPages;  for (var i = pages - 1; i >= 0; i--) {  doc.insertPages({  cPath: doc.path,  nStart : i,  nEnd : i,  nPage : i  });  }  }  

Now you should be able to access the "Duplicate all pages (in-place)" under "Edit" menu item. If you can't see the item remember to restart Acrobat."

after selecting and duplicating all the pages, crop all even pages and crop all odd pages and save.

there are other methods that involve using the print to pdf feature but this results in files that are much larger than the original. using this method my end file size was smaller.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points