Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Browserlab

Mar 14, 2012 3:33 PM

OK, here are the two screen shots when I futiley try to use Browserlab.

Larry Floyd

Screen shot 2012-03-14 at 9.49.08 AM.pngScreen shot 2012-03-14 at 9.49.26 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 4:04 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

Larry,

I'm aware that this is frustrating for you. It is for me as well. Keep in mind that I'm doing my best to help you out here but figuring out these sorts of issues remotely can be very, very difficult. I don't have a looking-glass that lets me see what the issue is from a distance. These screenshots are helpful, but this process will likely go on for a while longer.

So, a few more questions:

1. Are you seeing any error messages inside of Dreamweaver regarding network communication or similar things?
    2. Can you look for and open the CS Live menu button in Dreamweaver and tell me if you see an error message in there?
    3. I can see the login dialog faintly in the background. Are you getting this error message after you press the login button in BrowserLab or does it come up before?
    4. Can you try closing Dreamweaver completely and go to https://browserlab.adobe.com in your browser. Try manually inputting www.google.com into the URL entry field and press <Enter>. Do you see screenshots get returned in that case, or is it the same message?
    5. What version of Safari do you have installed? What version of Flash Player do you have installed? (check here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html )
    6. Clearly your computer can get to browserlab.adobe.com, but something appears to be blocking the communication from our SWF to the server. Firewall? Ad-blocker? A modified security setting in Safari?

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 10:20 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

Flash Player is installed on your computer. BrowserLab is a Flash Player application and your screenshot of BrowserLab shows me our SWF running in the Player. Please click on this link in Safari: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html and tell me what version number is shown on section 2 of that webpage.

The reason you're getting that message and BrowserLab can't log you in is because when our SWF is attempting to log you in, we send your credentials to the server and for some reason that communication is being blocked. It seems it must be an issue with your machine/OS/configuration. The oddest thing about this is that your browser is able to reach our servers but the SWF running inside that browser seems not to be able to do so. Hence, that's why I asked the question again about a firewall, ad-blocker software and your security settings in Safari. Can you think of anything that you've changed on that computer between the time BrowserLab was working for you and now that might possibly have affected those settings or the ability of Flash Player to make calls to a webservice?

1. Does this this computer have an internet connection you control or does someone else control it (e.g. a work network configured by IT)?
    2. Is there possibly another network you could switch the computer over to and try to log in from there?

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

That is absolutely helpful, yes. Thanks. And that actually makes more sense than anything else I've thought of. I've never heard of that happening before, it's not clear to me WHY that would be, but it should be a simple thing for you to test out yourself. Just go to BrowserLab and click the yellowish link at the bottom of the login dialog to "Create an Adobe ID" and follow that process. You'll have to use an alternate email address and verify that email, accept the Terms of Use again, etc, but can you try that out?

Thanks,

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 9:24 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

Glad to hear it's working for you again, sorry for how long that took. That's the first time I've ever seen that kind of issue. We'll investigate that account and see if we can figure out what's wrong with it.

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points