Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Media Encoder Fail - need help please

Mar 15, 2012 1:14 PM

I keep getting a failed error when trying to use Adobe Media Encoder. 

I open up my premiere project and select the comp I want.  I switch the format to Quicktime, select h.264 from preset.  Hit the start button and I get the failed sound/icon.

2 questions:

1. My comp is 1920x1080 but when I go in it automatically has it as 720... why is it not recognizing the comp size?

2. Is there a way to fix this error?  It seems to export occassionally to my C drive (which is not raid) but it fails to my F drive (Raid 10).  But usually if I export as a wmv or something smaller it exports fine to F.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to nofxspam02

The export dimensions do not default to 1920x1080 because AME CS5.5 and prior versions do not have h.264 presets for QuickTime for the program ot default to, and the individual settings for that format do not have a "Same as Source" option. If you will be using a particular set of settings regularly, I recommend saving a custom preset. To do so, click the Save Preset button to the right of the Preset pulldown in the Export Settings dialog.

As for the failure to encode, we'll need to learn more about the particulars. Does the error log [File>Show Errors] have any useful information?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2012 10:29 AM   in reply to nofxspam02

You're right. Not much useful information there. Our best bet is probably to try troubleshooting this over the phone. I'm sending you a private message...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points