Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat-related error message in Word when moving around the ribbon

Mar 15, 2012 3:51 PM

Tags: #error #acrobat #x #word #com #addin #getiimage

Win 7 x64

Acrobat X, all latest updates installed

Word 2010

Acrobat/Word add-in is installed

Recently, started getting the error Custom UI Runtime Error in Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin/an error occurred while calling the callback "GetImage"

Error comes up in Word whenever I switch between tabs in the Word Ribbon. Happens even when a new, blank document is open.

Does not affect functionality as far as I can tell, and the error is easily dismissed, but it still pops up whenever I interact with the ribbon.

Ran a repair on both Word and Acrobat, did not help.

Any thoughts?

acrobat error.jpg

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to c_wiedemeier

Good day,

Do you have any other non-MS add-ins installed into Word?  Are you getting similar errors from any other applications where PDFMaker is installed, such as Excel or Outlook?

The workaround (as this doesn't appear to be affecting functionality) is to open the Word Options, click 'Advanced' then uncheck 'Show add-in user interface errors' under the 'General' section.

Kind regards,

David

Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 21, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to David Kastendick

Hello,

I would like to report that I have the exact same problem/error. All updates installed, no errors in outlook or excel.

I'm running vista, office 2007, Acrobat Standard X

I had a demoversion of Acrobat XI installed before I installed X. My thought was, that that might have something to do with the error. During demotime with XI that error didn't appear.

I'm using the same workaround for now, but I actually normally would like to know if my addins produce errors.

Are there any other suggetions?

Thank You

Jens

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2013 4:35 AM   in reply to Snej0815

I also want to echo Jens comments above. This is a workaround, is there a fix? Because it is reporting an error and the workaround is to say ignore all errors in all my add-ins, which can have more consequences than imagined.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points