Skip navigation
Bertrand8765
Currently Being Moderated

Print Once functionnality

Mar 16, 2012 7:33 AM

Tags: #livecycle #print #once #policy

Hello,

I need to limit the number of prints of a document to maximum 1. During my research, i found this exemple very usefull from Adobe LiveCycle. But I realized when i tested it, that once the user passes the policy checks, he can print the document as much as he wants, which is not what i want.

So my question is : Is there an alternate solution able to remove the print functionnality, dynamically right after the first print ?

I hope that I makes sense.

Thank you very much in advance for your support !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to Bertrand8765

The sample you found is probably as good as it's going to get.  Rights Management policies can either allow or prevent printing, there is no "permission" to set the number of copies that can be printed.

The policy is checked when the document is opened, if the policy is dynamically changed (i.e. the permission to print is removed) it will not take affect until the document is closed and re-opened, so in theory, the document can be printed multiple times when opened the first time.

Also, there is no way to prevent someone from printing once and photocopying it many times.

Regards

Steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points