Skip navigation
miscme2
Currently Being Moderated

AME suddenly doesn't work

Mar 16, 2012 7:19 AM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #adobe #video #bug #encoding #fail #encoder #transcoding #ame

AME 5.0.1

I drag files to the queue ( it doesn't seem to matter what type of file - in this case I'm using a variety of formats of mov. Apple ProRes422, h264...).

Everything looks fine at this point. It's when I go into edit the preset it either shows me the edit window and the preview just says rendering for the original and snow for the ouput, or it just freezes.

If I just select a preset from the drop down and tell it to start the queue, the queue just hangs with not time elapse.

Running Mac 0S 10.6.8

ideas?

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to miscme2

This sounds like something has gotten into a bad state--perhaps a process that's hung. Have you rebooted the system since this started happening?

If not, then before trying that, I recommend closing AME and the program(s) that you're using with it [Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash, ...], and then checking Activity Monitor for any processes that remain behind after about 20-30 seconds. The main ones to look for are:

• Adobe Media Encoder
    • Adobe QT32 Server
    • dynamiclinkmanager
    • PProHeadless

If any of these is still shown in Activity Monitor a minute after closing the last Adobe app, use the Force Quit command to kill it. Then relaunch AME, clear everything from the queue, reimport your files, and see whether you can change export settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points