Skip navigation
tatankha
Currently Being Moderated

How to import new photos in a saved book in lightroom 4

Mar 17, 2012 9:55 AM

Hello!

I created a book in the lightroom 4 book module using a photo catalogue. This photo catalogue is updated with new photo every week in the library module, and I would like to be able to use these new photos in the book module. Is there a way to sync the library and book module so when I add some picture in my catalogue in the library module the new photos will appear in the book module?

thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Richard

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to tatankha

Zero replies?

Wondering if you figured this out.  I just want to add photos to a saved book, and can't figure out how to do it without starting over with a whole new book!

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to jayemclaughli

Also, my filmstrip is blank.  The photos show up in the book because I've selected autofill and I can move them around within the pages, but ... there's nothing at all inside the filmstrip.  I hope this is a learning curve issue, and that the explanation is not that Adobe has released a buggy program on which I have spent money and wasted time.  Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to tatankha

Hi Richard,

I did find an answer to my problem.  Someone on another board suggested that I needed to quit and restart LR4 to get the filmstrip to load.  I did this, and it worked.  In order to add new photos to the book, you just add them to the 'collection' you've made for the book in library mode.  Then when you switch over to the book module, they'll be there in the filmstrip.  Now that my filmstrip is working, I was able to find them there and can now drag and drop them into the book pages.

Hope that helps ...

Jaye

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to tatankha

No, unless you want photos to go there when you hit B on your keyboard.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to tatankha

I'm struggling with something similar.

I'm on my 5th Book layout in 2 days and I'm getting to the point where I'm about to go back to Graphi.

One last try:

So, I have one image to bring in. If I Add in the library module, it will only add it to My Catalogue. I have no idea what My Catalogue is.

I want it into the catalogue that I have for this project but it won't let me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to pat agonia

In the Book module, save your book so you give it a name, then you'll see it listed in the Collections panel.  Flip back to the Library module and find the photo you want to add.  Drag it onto the named book in the Collections panel.  Then go back to Book and the photo will be available for placement.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points