Skip navigation
learningstill
Currently Being Moderated

Why does the Adobe RGB (1998) color profile get stripped when I save a tiff as a psb?

Mar 17, 2012 2:20 PM

I tell ACR to embed the Adobe RGB (1998) color profile when I generate tiffs from DNGs. So far so good: Bridge shows the tiffs as tagged with Adobe RGB (1998) in the "Color Profile" metadata category. When I save a tiff as a psb (Large Document Format), I do leave checked the box to embed that color profile. But after the saving is done, Bridge shows the psb as "Untagged" in the  "Color Profile" metadata category. Likewise, the "Get Info" box, under "More Info", lists no color profile for the psb. Is this normal? If so, then what's the best way to get the psb tagged with Adobe RGB (1998)? And if not, then how can I get Photoshop to succeed in embedding Adobe RGB (1998) when I save the tiff as a psb in the first place? Thanks for your help! --Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2012 1:03 AM   in reply to learningstill

Your file is most like still tagged, but your Bridge preferences are set so that they are not processing a preview on that large a file, so it appears as untagged. I'll bet if you open the psb file and choose the Show Color Profile dropdown at the lower left part of the document window, it will show the correct profile.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points