• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go to a tech support forum anti-rootkit for Adobe?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the latest 10.3 for Firefox and the installer is hidden but permanently running on my machine even after reboot. I can't delete the original file because it's in use. I knew from experience I probably shouldn't download the latest flash installers because Adobe never puts a disclaimer that the latest version that pops up in a search result is just some broken code. But hey, wanted to get a video to play and my flash was outdated so I figured why not.

Well now it's the old catch-22 of flash again and I have essentially a virus on my computer, so am I going to have to go to WhatTheTech and get help removing this rootkit or is there any assurance there's a fix in place soon?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Windows XP version 2002 service pack 2

-Firefox 3.6

I went to download the latest flash version. I went to open it from the download menu, and it never came up. Thinking I failed to click it right, I did it again. So I went to my task manager and see the following:

install_flashplayer

install_flashplayer

So it's two windows running, but it's not visible. When I go to delete the original download, it can't be deleted because of the open windows, and the windows can not be shut down.

So the flash player isn't installing, it's not visible, and it can not be closed or deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a clean boot?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Find and delete all Flash Player installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an admin. account but I can't disable all services for the clean boot so I can't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just restart Windows, then download the installer files from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to download flash player 11, I want to remove the download file and download manager for 10.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder where you got the download manager for FP 10.3...?

The only download manager that is available is for the latest player.

10.3 is only available as a full installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580 or http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Pat, I also am curious where you received this download manager that contained 10.3.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I went to WhatTheTech and they told me to use Revo uninstaller which forcefully removed the flash player file and got rid of the download managers.

Suffice to say I'll skip out on the flash downloads next time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe i get more information now,i have the player 10 ,so slowly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines