Skip navigation
Francois_Kirsten
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Story 'Acts' bugs

Mar 18, 2012 6:16 PM

Tags: #performance #numbering #bugs #adobe_story

Hi,

I am so glad that Story finally has Acts included. Unfortunately, the feature is still rather buggy.

1. Adding a new act at the end of an act includes the last scene of the previous act.

2. Every time I create a new act, it puts one scene in the outline, e.g. "Scene 01" will appear under "Act #2", but then Scenes 02 - whatever appear beneath a new act called Act #. The script view doesn't reflect this at all.

3. The '>' icons for the Acts sometimes have an extra white triangle hhovering over them.

Thanks for a great product. I particularly like that the icons and UI have finally started looking like other Adobe products.

Has anybody else found these bugs?

Regards,

Francois

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 2:49 AM   in reply to Francois_Kirsten

Hi,

I would like to clarify a few points regarding your query.

1. Adding a new act at the end of an act includes the last scene of the previous act.

- To insert an act you have to place the cursor anywhere in the scene which you want to make the first scene of the Act. So, you have to place the cursor on the next scene not on the End of Act as "End of Act" is  the part of the previous act.

2. Every time I create a new act, it puts one scene in the outline, e.g. "Scene 01" will appear under "Act #2", but then Scenes 02 - whatever appear beneath a new act called Act #. The script view doesn't reflect this at all.

- In the script view we show Start of Act and End of Act only with the first and last scenes of the act. If you want to see the act number to which any other scene belong please open the scene properties panel ( View Menu > Scene Properties Panel ) nad look at the Act field present.

3. The '>' icons for the Acts sometimes have an extra white triangle hhovering over them.

- This UI issue is not reproducible at our end.

If you still have any other issues regarding this we can have a small connect session.

Thanks

Sonal (Adobe Story Team)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points