Skip navigation

LCCS Alternatives

Mar 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Latest reply: sebpatu2000, Dec 7, 2012 6:33 PM
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

@ Jeff Stanier

It has been over month, any news on the LCCS service shutdown and viable alternatives? My company is in the same situation as everyone else that built a product around LCCS, it is no small task to re-write these parts for any new LCCS solution. Our company just found out recently of the news so we have had a late start on trying to switch to an alternate solution. We need a viable solution for us and have little or no impact on our customer base, what is Adobe doing to help in this matter? I can tell you for a fact if a viable solution is not found, this will have a huge impact on public relations of adobe. No company will want to ever do any business with a company that abandons its customers like the way Adobe has abandoned us. If it does not get resolved reasonably and to our satisfaction I can assure you Adobe will be in court for the next 3 years and I will never again base any software product on their technology or tools ever again! Adobe actions in this matter is unprecedented and shameful!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Thanks for the update Jeff,

Your efforts to make this happen are VERY MUCH appreciated.

- Barry

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Jeff,

thank you for the response. I hope Adobe will be more tranparent in this matter. Time is very important and there is going to be a point of no return on this issue. You have people either waiting on Adobe to provide an alternative host before the December deadline or you have others trying to re-write parts of their product. So Adobe needs to be very open in this process and let us know a timeline when an alternative hosting provide can be available for us to access or if not at all.

The reason why:

1. So people can not waiste development time re-writing code and focus on only the changes needed for using the alternate hosting provider and still work on enhancements to their product.

2. if a hosting provider will not be in time of the deadline, adobe should extend the deadline.

3. if hosting is out of the question then the people waiting for adobe to provide an alternative hosting solution can then begin re-writing parts with an alternative to LCCS

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to BARRYC16

agreed, thank you very much jeff, the transparency is greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Just had a co-worker point out this possible OpenSource alternative that claims it can handle streaming video, both RTMP and RTMPS http://www.fluorinefx.com/

I haven't had the opportunity to explore it yet.  Has anyone had any experience with it?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to mattcom

http://www.fluorinefx.com/ sounds very promising.

Anyone tried it?

It would be great to also share the hosting solutions too.

For example if i need to use BlazeDS and Red5 in place of LCCS, how should i host the services easely? As one of the main interests of LCCS was the "no server side worries".

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to sebpatu2000

Hi Community Members,

Even after I heard of discontinuation plans for lccs I kept my nose to the grindstone and completed my lccs app.  Good thing I did, that thing works great, no latency, no echo and of course screen sharing is a great feature.  So, it's good to hear that a successor to continue lccs may be possible;  I've used Influxis and if it was to be those guys, they are great.

To the point; I've spent the last 3 weeks getting VideoIO,

http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/index.html to work and after teaching myself how to do the PythonPath and downloading Cygwin to open Python scripts on a windows machine, that program looks like it's going to work great too.  Developing from where VideoIO leaves you I think will allow you to make great communication apps.  The VideoIO developer has a companion project called VideoCity that works exactly like lccs rooms so if it's rooms you want that's a possibility too.

I havn't spend much time on FVNC but it could turn out to be a viable flash screen share app because it's suppose to tunnel behind routers, which has always been the limitation to VNC.  There's light at the end of the tunnel.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Is there any new news? Will this be moved to Influxis?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to EMelville

I see someone has followed up on my mention of Influxis.  While I think they would be a good fit for carrying on lccs and they are great guys, I have no inside information that such an occurance is likely to happen.  Of course we all hope someone comes forward to maintain lccs and the sooner the better.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Hi Jeff, good to ear that discussions are going on.

But would you have a timeframe (at least a rough one).

Do you think that in 1 month from now, we should have definitive answer that would be positive or negative?

Thanks.

I know its hard question, but as Adobe fixed the 9 month deadline, time is running up for us.

ps: Thats why Adobe shouldhave engaged those discussions BEFORE announcing a deadline.

I hope they learned about it, but sadly im not so sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

this is good news jeff.  thank you very much for keeping us updated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Thanks Jeff. This is incredibly good news.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Awesome News Jeff!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Thanks Jeff,

Very good news.

But when an official announcement will be done, once the deal is complete, it would be important that Adobe officially guaranty that the service will not be shut down on Adobe side, before the new service is fully running on the new side.

And don't forget that a lot of people is waiting to know if the new hosted service will be full featured, especially we need to know if the screen sharing will still be available?

Thanks a lot for your personal hard work to get a decent solution.

Seb

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

My two cents here..

http://www.tokbox.com/ has developer api as alternative to LCCS  video conferencing part. Worth taking look at,

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Glenn Williams

http://www.tokbox.com/ is good alternative for video conf solution.. worth checking out

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Good news Jeff,

As soon as you guys get the chance to disclose some info, I would be very interested in knowing how the future pricing will compare to the paid services that we had with Adobe.  Because otherwise, I might have to continue with the development of an alternative, as I'd rather not hang my hopes on them springing the prices on us in Oct.

Thanks,

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Hi Jeff,

thanks a lot for your reply. Thats really great news.

The only last remaining question is how the pricing calculation will be affected?

Regards,

Seb

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

thanks jeff.  will the recording feature be carried forward as well?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to adam+k

Hi Adam,

Yes, the recording feature will be carried forward and should work the same way.

-Jamie

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 8:18 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Hi Jeff,

It's almost October.  Any more word on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Hi Jeff,

So to be clear, is it a good idea to start developping today a video chat application with LCCS ?

Tezqa

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 5:18 PM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Jeff:

Any updated timeline on when this will be available?

Thanks,

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to Jeff Stanier

Hi All,

I have just readed great info about old LCCS/new ICS: http://ics.influxis.com/index.html

Rex98757

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to phaseblue

Which particular features? I successfully migrated 3 clients to BigBlueButton and I am very happy with it. Send me private message, I may be able to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to scharles415

The feature I am most interested in for my company is Remote Control and viewing.  Is that included in the new service?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to philswe

HI philswe,

Our goal is to as seemlessly as possible to transitional all the features offer with LCCS to ICS. Including ScreenSharing, Remote Control, etc to our new influxis service. We working with the LCCS team to make this happen.  I hope this clears things up.

James

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to JamesInfluxis

hey james, can you confirm that recording will also be transitioned to the new service?

great to see influxis doing the takeover, i had hoped it'd be you guys.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to adam+k

Adam,  It actually next our our list of feature testing so we can make sure it is correctly working as documented.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to JamesInfluxis

that's great news, thanks james.

how soon can i submit a support ticket for this feature?  i realize you must have an overwhelming amount of testing to do right now, but since you're about to test recording, perhaps i can put this on your radar (informally).

it seems that the audio and video streams are recorded separately and played back individually.  during the playback of a recording the video stream starts playback as soon as the stream is buffered, and so does the audio stream.

however, they often reach a ready buffer state at different times.  this has the effect of de-synching the audio and video playback.  hopefully you can create a mechanism that ensures an audio/video stream pair commence playback at the same time to ensure a/v sync.

thanks!

adam

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)