Skip navigation
PlanetAlgon
Currently Being Moderated

Scene Panel Problem

Mar 20, 2012 2:14 AM

Tags: #adobe #flash #animation #panel #scene

Hi all,

I am attempting to animate a 10 minute cartoon using Flash CS5 for Windows 7. I was planning on using the scene panel to organize my scenes but so far it hasn't been working for me the way it should. According to Adobe they say that when using the scene panel "if a document contains two scenes with ten frames each, the frames in Scene 2 are numbered 11–20."... This is not what I am experiencing. For me every scenes Timeline starts from Zero.

The reason why this is a big problem for me is beacuse the charecters I use in my animations are symbols, each with there own timeline within them. And anything I animate in a charecters timeline transfers over to every scene they they are in... For example, If I set in a charecter symbol for him to move his arms from frame 40 to 50 in scene 1, then because all the scenes timelines are starting from zero when the charecter appears again in scene 3 his arms will automaticly move again from frame 40 to 50... This goes for any animation done within a symbol. If anyone knows how to get the scene panel to work correctly I would really appreciate the help. So far I havent found any settings that would change this.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to PlanetAlgon

Minor point... timelines don't start at zero, they start at 1.  The frames in scenes when you are designing the file are numbered starting from 1.  When you compile the file, alll scenes are mashed into one timeline wherein you end up with one timeline for everything combined together.

What you might be able to do for your problem is to use the currentScene property as a conditional for your arms movement.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to PlanetAlgon

My response doesn't change.  You can test the currentScene property as a conditional to control whether or not you have your movieclip play.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points