Skip navigation
Mike Insalaco
Currently Being Moderated

White Noise (Background Fuzz) Inserted Into Saved Audition Files

Mar 21, 2012 4:01 PM

Tags: #save #saving #audition #white #white_noise #fuzz #background_noise #background_fuzz

I recorded several files in Adobe Audition CS5.5. Then I saved them as both .wav and .mp3 files. However, when I open them again in Audition or play them in another player I now get white noise (background fuzz) that wasn't there in the original recording. How do I fix this? I've recorded and saved many files in Audition before, including just an hour before I started having this problem, without any issues. What could be causing this problem now. Thanks for your help!

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,593 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to Mike Insalaco

Can't even begin to tell you unless you can post a few seconds of one of them. I do have one question though - if you play back files you recorded earlier, do these make the same noise, or is it just new ones?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to Mike Insalaco

Start by double-checking that you haven't accidentally rendered your file to an 8-bit format.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to Mike Insalaco

Mike Insalaco wrote:

Is there a keyboard shortcut that I might have accidently hit?

Not that I know of, but I guess there's always the risk of a couple of accidental keystrokes (tab, arrowkeys) changing the selected preset. Just one of those things, I guess.

If it ever happens again, you should probably start paying attention to what actions you perform to provoke it happening, and tell the Audition team about it in a bug report. Intermittent bugs like those can be very hard to track down.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points