ramfade
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop trial - invalid checksum

Mar 22, 2012 1:46 AM

iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo

OS X 10.6.8

4Gb ram

>900Gb free

I've downloaded the trial 4 times now, different times of the day. Keep getting invalid checksum after downloading. Disk Utility is unable to verify, with the exact same CRC32 on the last three files (I deleted the first one). Same errors every time:

Screen shot 2012-03-22 at 3.43.45 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-03-22 at 4.09.45 AM.png

From the CRC it looks like I get the exact same file every time.

I routinely download >1Gb files daily, >8Gb files weekly (on another computer) and checksums match. Should prove my ISP/Internet connection is not to blame as one suggested solution (use another ISP). I could use that computer to do the download but it's Windows and I want the the Mac version.

IS THERE A DIRECT LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE TRIALS?

I've reset Safari, I've deleted ADA prefrences and cache, I've cold booted, I save the file in different locations in my user folder, still get the same CRC each time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to ramfade

Ramfade you mentioned you have removed the preferences and cache.  Can you please confirm if you have completed the steps listed in Solution 1 of Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assista nt.html#main_Solution_1.

I ran into this issue when a download was interrupted unexpectedly.  Once I completed the steps in solution 1 and reinitiated the download I was able to download the trial successfully.

You might also want to try a wired connection or a different Internet connection while trying to download.  Perhaps there is a server between you and the download server which is causing your difficulties at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to ramfade

I know this was a few months back, but do you mind sharing how you entered the command in the Terminal? I've never done that before and find myself facing the same problem! Thanks so much in advance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points