Skip navigation
mrbenzis2
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Moving Armature/CIB Lesson 5

Mar 22, 2012 12:53 PM

Tags: #cs5 #cs5.5 #classroom_in_a_book #armature

I have Flash Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book and am currently on Lesson 5. You can download the file I am using from one of Adobe's E-book publishing partners here: http://www.peachpit.com/ebookfiles/032171332X

I am using Flash Pro CS5.5. The following issue comes up both on Windows XP (5.1, Service Pack 3) and on Mac OSX (10.7.3).

When I preview what the final product should look like, a buoy gently sways back and forth and moves across the lake. However, when I try to recreate this, the flag violently shakes around and the buoy flies around the screen. Even when I take the original .fla file and render it into a .swf, the same issue comes up. I did a lot of searching, and I found one other person with this issue but no solution. Does this occur on anyone else's computer? How do you fix it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to mrbenzis2

I'm having the same problem! Help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to mrbenzis2

I was having the same problem. It seems to have something to do with the Spring settings of the bones in the buoy. I ended up leaving the strength of the spring for the largest bone in the buoy at 0. That kept the buoy from flying around the screen.

I'm using Flash Pro CS5.5 Trial on 64-bit Windows Vista Home with Service Pack 2.

I hope this will help you too.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to mrbenzis2

Yes, I agree with you. My solution does not achieve the rocking effect, but it did prevent the buoy from flying.

I too, thought it was a setting that needed to be changed, but was unable to find it. Thank you for your feedback to my comment.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to mrbenzis2

Exact same issue. Also using CS5.5.

I think it's some kind of glitch, because when I undo my actions, there's a couple of weird steps that show up that I didn't take.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to mrbenzis2

Also just noticed that the buoy arrives at its destination long before it should. You move it at frame 70, but it arrives at frame 36. I tried to make it arrive at 36, but it still arrived even faster at frame 19.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to mrbenzis2

I am having the same issue, Windows XP 32 bit, Flash Pro CS5.5. really annoying. Can anyone from Adobe explain why this is happening, is it a compatibility issue as it appears to be around XP?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to mrbenzis2

I encountered this problem too.  Applying dampening fixes the violent waving of the flag, but I havent found a way to prevent the bouy from spinning out of control or arriving at it's destination early.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 2:41 AM   in reply to mrbenzis2

I am having the same issue. I am running CS5.5 on a Windows 7 64 bit OS with SP 1. I even tried to create the buoy from scratch as a shape and as soon as I add the spring step it seems that the bone's pivot point changes and the buoy orbits that rather than the actual bone point. Removing the Strength setting stops this behavior but that negates the desired effect.

Niether the original .fla file or the .swf file play back as described in the lesson.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to mrbenzis2

This is still an issue for CS6, I just read about someone having the same issue back with CS4.  I thought it was so cool at first but it started messing everything up as soon as I moved the base to a new location on the stage.  I'm sort of new to Flash and after finding this useful tool I thought animating was going to be a breeze, back to learning other tweening methods.  I wonder how they got the example swf that goes with the Adobe Flash Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points