Skip navigation
Gligum
Currently Being Moderated

Limited export formats

Mar 22, 2012 4:19 PM

I have been using Design Premium CS5 for over a year, and have used the encoder before, but I do not remember having this issue. I can only export in FLV / FV4 and H.264. My understanding is that this is supposed to be the "trial" formats, but having purchased CS5 and having it registered it for a while, I am under the impression that it should be a "paid" version. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to Gligum

You're correct that the trial version of AME CS5 had a limited set of export (and import) formats. However, when the point product or suite that installed AME is serialized, the same is true in some cases, including Design Premium. In order to get the full range of format support, you must have one of the following installed: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Produciton Premium, or Master Collection.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to Gligum

Sorry, I'm not nearly familiar enough with any other programs in Creative Suite to speak about whether or how their trial versions are limited. I'm not even sure whom I could ask.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

This has nothing to do with trial version versus full version. If you have Design Premium and not one of the video applications, AME can only export with that limited set of codecs.

See this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2011/09/13/installed-codecs-in-ame /

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points