Skip navigation
JeroenZicht
Currently Being Moderated

My Photoshop CS6 Bugs, Ideas and other things

Mar 23, 2012 7:34 AM

First of all, great job on many new features like: Dashed strokes, Styles for your Character and Paragraphs, Background saving.

I'm a webdesigner and I am using it now this whole morning and midday. So far so good, install went fine, working perfectly. But below a list of features I miss and a list of bugs or some other things I miss.

- Changing the opacity of a layer from any number to 100% doesnt work with the numeric pad

- Great job on the styles for typography, but why not doing the same thing for colors/swatches. You can make your own swatch library and you can attach that color to any object, shape, whatever. What would be really handy if you change that color in the swatches it would affect all objects who share that swatch. Really missing that feature a long time!

- Still missing external use of images/psd's/ any format. That I can place in my document, for example a psd, and when I change the original psd it would also automaticly update the placed object. It's like using a library like Fireworks.

- I like it when I drag my documents into photoshop, but when I drag a PSD to Photoshop it will open as a smartobject into the file wich was open, not as a new window. You can only achieve that by dragging it outside of the document, more like dragging it onto the option bars... Imo that's irritating.

- If you make a vector shape, it creates a path. If you select the shape it will show the path outlines around the shape. When you apply layer effects on the shape the shape is still selected, so you will see the path outlines around the shape. It's very annoying when you apply a stroke around the object it still showing the outline of the path around it. In CS4 (don't know about CS5) you could deselect the layer, then double click the effects icon on the layer and it will popu the layer styles menu without showing the outline of the path, in CS6 that doesnt work anymore.

I try to update this once in a while

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

> Changing the opacity of a layer from any number to 100% doesnt work with the numeric pad

This works fine for me, by just typing '0' on the numeric keypad.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 5:36 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

For the same reason they changed the size of the crosshairs for the Marquee tool, I suppose.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

CROSSHAIRS.gif

It's about time! Now I can get some real work done!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

So i finally started using the trial photoshop 6 and the first thing I notice, (that was wrong with 5.5) is that the zoom is zagged! Why must it zoom in large increments using the magic mouse? How it is possible to work with images zooming (very clunky) is beyond me. Photoshop 4 is fine. Nice and smooth when I'm using the finger scroll like a wel tuned machine, but then in the newest and greatest editions, it works like smashing the throttle to pull forward an inch!

This is crazy that something as basic as this is not addressed. Thank god that I can use the lasso tool and the zoom with scroll wheel again in this version (didn't work in 5.5) but hopefully this get s addressed. I really don't want to have to suffer through this when the newest final version is out.

Also, ( I assume this will be fixed in the final version) all of my preferences get reset everytime i open it. That is annoying.

So far I like the new look and it is much better than 5, but the basic things should work!  I'm also not used to the tools not lining up with the cursors the same way. The lasso tool used to line up with the actual lasso, but now they line up with the arrow. Makes sense, but will take some getting used to.

PLEASE FIX THE ZOOM!

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,052 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

Jeroen: the order of the styles has been changed to reflect the order in which they are drawn on screen: It was not clear why one was hiding the other with the previous "wrong" ordering.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

The path selection coming up when you select the layer is a huge annoyance. When you select the layer to apply Layer Styles, it selects the path and ruins the ability to see what your shape looks like if you apply a stroke, inner glow, shadow, bevel, or anything. Not sure what the thinking was there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to JeroenZicht

>> Why is the order changed of the items in the Layer styles. Bevel & Emboss is now on the top, Drop Shadow on the bottom? Why change that?

Because there were many requests to list then in the order they are actually applied.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

I thought i'd post some more things about my eperiences with PS6.

Well, for the most part I'm having a good experience, but for whatever reason, ps6 is hogging my resources worse than cs4. The documents started to take longer to open, then longer to save. The more work i do the longer things take to work..

Eventually on three seperate documents, they basically became unusable until i restarted photoshop. Could this be cache filling up? I click and nothing happens for a really long time.

I moved back to cs4 for now, because i have work to do, but hopefully this is just because it's beta. If I click on something and nothing happens for more than 5 seconds, it's worthless. CS4 is working fine, so back to it I go. When I get time, i'll try to use PS6 again, but for now CS6 is slow. (my machine is early 2009 macbook pro 6gb ram 3.06processor running in 64bit mode)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to paul campagna

Without details and documents to reproduce the problem - we have no idea.  Please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/963366?tstart=0

I've only heard from one other user seeing documents being slow to load.

And no, it wouldn't be a cache filling up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points